November 02, 2006
Original article at FiveSign Online website
Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation
Acronis True Image Workstation provides your business with the most comprehensive, reliable and cost-effective workstation protection.
- back up the entire hard disk, including all the computer data, operating system, and applications
- back up key files and folders on the system. With support for both 64-bit Windows and 32-bit Windows, you can rest assured that both the old and the new systems are protected.
After a system crash Acronis True Image Workstation allows you to perform a full system, bare-metal or just individual files and folders restore. Complete system restoration can be performed to an existing system, to a new system with different hardware or to a virtual machine.
The Acronis Management Console included in Acronis True Image Workstation offers great flexibility for corporate IT departments. From this console you can deploy backup agents, create backup images, and restore remote systems throughout your network, increasing your IT department's productivity and reducing costs.
Based on the exclusive Acronis Drive Snapshot disk imaging technology, an IT administrator can back up and protect live, in-use systems with no end-user disruption ensuring business continuity.
Some new features:
- Acronis Backup Server Ensures the optimal usage of storage resources by allowing IT administrators to establish backup policies
- Acronis Universal Restore Restores to different hardware and recovers from any unforeseen event (note: requires a separate add-on license)
- Boot from an image, using Acronis Active Restore™ (a patent pending technology) Decrease downtime by allowing systems to be used during a recovery
- 64 bit Windows support Use one application for both new and old systems
- Remote unattended restores with the Acronis bootable agent Recover all systems in the network from a central location
- Automatic image verification Gives you peace of mind by ensuring that images can be used for restoration